Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Gia Rinaldi: Excelling in all Three Rings


An interview from Ponies and Parlantis
Ponies and Parlantis was founded on June 30, 2015 by four young equestrians. They strive to update everyone with the popular aspects of the equestrian world! They will also be interviewing successful junior and professional riders. Check back daily to stay updated with what's happening on the A Circuit!  *Parlanti is a copyright of PassionEq*

Written by founders Emma Mabry and Pearl Bensimoun
Giavanna “Gia” Rinaldi is a 15 year old rider from Illinois. She currently owns two horses, G.P.S Brilliant Disguise aka Hugo, and Cayambe aka Sancho. She also co-owns a large green pony hunter called Top That aka Parker. She shows Hugo in the high junior jumpers and the grand prixs. Rinaldi also shows Sancho in the big equitation. She shows on the A/AA circuit and has won champion or been in the top ribbons at many prestigious horse shows such as indoors, Devon, WEF, and many others.

"My favorite thing about riding and showing is the feeling I get when I'm on the horse. It's a feeing of life, it feels like you never want it to stop. You just want time to stop at that moment because it lights you up inside," says Rinaldi when describing her favorite thing about riding and showing.

Gia hopes to excel this year at all of the big finals(especially in the equitation, she hopes to lay down solid rounds. Her long term goal is to start her own business and become a professional trainer and rider. She also hopes to show in the most prestigious places in the world; such as France, Italy, Canada, and Germany.

Gia said she loves all aspects of riding, but her favorite and one she says is the most thrilling is jumpers. “I love being able to go around the ring and feel like I'm flying. Equitation is about looking pretty and getting the job done well and no one noticing what you're doing. It has to look effortless. Hunters is a blast as well. I love the handy's especially!”

 Rinaldi said she does in fact get butterflies before showing in big classes such as grand prixs, but not because she's nervous. She said “It's not so much nerves as much as I just want to get in the ring and do what I love. I do get nervous sometimes just because I always set very high standards for myself and I always strive to get there each and every round.”

“My horses, trainers and supporters mean the world to me. I am extremely grateful for all of the positive comments they make. It makes my day to see them. Without each and every one of them I wouldn't be where I am today. To be an excellent rider you have to understand how to learn from your mistakes, comprehend them and move on. You learn from your mistakes and understand where you went wrong and what you could have done to fix them and move past it. My parents and trainers have always said that to me. The one thing I don't like to do is dwell on the past.” Says Rinaldi.
Picture
Photo by photography intern Grace Schinsing

No comments:

Post a Comment